December 31, 2010

Cheesy Kale and Zucchini Chips

002

Cheesy Kale & Zucchini chips

I made these beauties last night and it's everything in my power not to eat them all. If you can get a hold of the dinosaur kale aka Lacinato or Tuscan kale..use it instead. I think it has a much richer flavor. I added the zucchini for more texture and variety. I think the sky is the limit because the cheesy sauce is so delish. Oh and I plan on taking these babies to the movies with me.

1 large bunch of curly, green kale, (I use dinosaur kale) washed, large stems removed, torn into bite size pieces. 1 medium sized zucchini sliced into thin wheels.

COATING:
2 cups cashews, (soaked 2 hours)
1 Large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
juice of 1 lemon
2 t. agave (optional..I didn't add this in)

2 T. nutritional yeast
 3/4 t. himalayan pink crystal salt (use more or less to taste)


Put coating ingredients in Vitamix. Blend until smooth. Using your hands, massage coating onto kale pieces getting it inside of curls*. I put it on thick which adds more crunch. Put on teflex sheets. Have your trays on the counter ready to fill then dehydrate at 105 overnight or until coating is dry.Keep an eye on these because mine dehydrated fairly quick.
* I had a little of the mix left over even after slathering it on really thick,  so its up to you if you want to add another veggie or a few more stalks of kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment