November 29, 2010

On my way...


Or should I say 'Shania'? December 9th I have chosen as the day I begin eating raw. I have been contemplating which foods actually agree with me and have realized food combining is really a good thing to adhere to. For instance, I cannot eat bananas with ANYTHING or I get stomach cramps. Ouch! No fun at all! I think this goes for any fruit which should be eaten first at an hour or so in between switching types of foods. If anyone has information on food combining I will greatly appreciate it. Choices? I think choices are a powerful thing. When we choose to do something, we are empowered by the strength involved in making that decision. Perspective and perception are so subjective to what we desire. I think its good to evaluate our perceptions and perspectives of so many aspects of what we do in our daily routine. Maybe, something I perceive as being correct all along has been completely wrong. I think each person has that gut instinct inside of him that tells him what he feel works best. Now, back to square one and my original statement...I will NEVER push this type of eating style onto anyone (refer to my 'Just Me' post for clarification on the subject). After all my research,  trials and error etc.. for now this plan is what I need to do in order to feel better. Okay, for any guys out there reading this, you might want to cover your eyes right about now...I'm going to address the subject of Perimenopause.  GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! Another big reason I need to do this...the hot flashes are starting, (whoopie) the insomnia began a few years ago and overall I feel like well lets say not my true self. If any of you guys out there decided to tough it out by reading on, all I want to say to you is, IF you are married, or have a Mom/Sister or Friend around my age experiencing very strange things likes those mentioned above...please be very patient with them! I think it will end at some point... I think. Each woman experiences something different while transitioning toward and during the menopausal stage of her life. I remember my Mom pretty much behaving like...well a Tasmanian devil does come to mind
(Love you Mom but you know its true). Please lock me up and give me plenty of sedatives if I get to that point...this is all I ask.  Anyhoo, I'm happy to report my symptoms are very mild and sporadic at best. Yeah! I have been working on my shopping list for which raw 'staple' items to keep on hand in the fridge. I need healthy munchies at my disposal at all times.  I want to eventually post photo's of some of the dishes I create so you can get an idea of what I eat. Oh and I want to share tips on what to take along on a road trip, plane ride, visit to Disneyland..any and all situations I may be tempted to eat toxic food. I refuse to pay $3 for an apple after experiencing an exhilarating ride on Splash Mountain. It kind of takes the wind of the sails.  I'll keep you posted on all of that down the road here.

No comments:

Post a Comment